Sit.Stay.Art! is looking for Artists!
Sit.Stay.Art! is looking for artists to participate in their 2012 show and fundraiser! This is a wonderful project that helps pets get adopted and raises money for Pets and People, one of the best little organizations in Oklahoma! Pets and People takes in so many animals in need, often without discriminating on breed or condition of the animal, and also covering vet care if needed. They are based out of Yukon and when I first moved to the city I heard about them when I asked around about shelters and adopting animals- They are truly committed to getting our furry friends in happy homes! For 2012 I am volunteering on the submissions committee, so if you want to have an opportunity to show your fabulous artwork and help out this great cause, check out the info below! We will have all the venue/date/dropoff details coming soon but you can go to the Sit.Stay.Art! website and fill out the artist form if you want to go ahead and get started!
*Did you participate last year? Then there is no entry fee! If you are new to Sit.Stay.Art! then it is just $15 for up to 3 submissions!
We invite you, the artist, to participate in this project by portraying a homeless pet through visual art and then to donate part or all of the sale of your work to benefit Pets & People Humane Society.
- All work must be original and must be based on a pet awaiting adoption or a rescued (adopted) pet.
- Each artist may submit up to three pieces.
- Artists are strongly encouraged to select a pet that is waiting to be adopted as the subject of their work.
- Artwork can be either 2-D or 3D.
- All accepted artwork must be identified with the title and artist’s name, suitably framed, wired and ready for installation.
- All submissions are accepted (the show is not juried), however, works may be rejected if they are deemed unsuitable.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a photograph of the pet(s) featured in the work and a written statement about the pet’s background or story.
- Free for artists who participated in Sit. Stay. Art! 2011.
- Fee for new participating artists is $15 per submission.
- All participating artists will receive two free admission tickets to the event.
Liability and Sales:
- Artists have the option of donating 50% or 100% of their sales; all proceeds will benefit Pets & People Humane Society.
- Artists who opt to receive 50% of the art sale profit will receive payment by mail within 30 days of the event.
- Artwork included in the exhibit will be sold based on the value set by the artist.
- Artwork not sold by the artist must be removed from the event space or it becomes property of Sit. Stay. Art!
- Sit. Stay. Art! and Pets & People are not responsible for any damage to artwork in connection with the event.
- Artists agree to allow their submitted work(s) to be photographed and have the image used in connection with the event.
The deadlines for delivery and pick up will be set at a later date and all artists will be notified by email as to those dates.